Monday, October 13, 2008

Fleet Foxes

It was seriously a spiritual experience for me. I can't believe 4 people can be in harmony so well all of the time! They also had some really good banter that I was legitimately LOLing at. Aaron kept saying how he felt he was sneaking a peek at a wood nymph meeting. The Cedar Cultural Center was a nice venue with great acoustics (but I'm not expert). It was a lot bigger than I was expecting. !!!jjjkdialskd okay I just can't get over how much I liked the show. There was definitely a reason why the show was sold out. I got this sweet poster:
(I might add that it goes well with my P.TM poster!)


Frank Fairfield, the opener, was quite the character. He played the banjo, fiddle, and guitar. He had the whole 30's southern blues artist stigma going on. Made me want to change my name to Rosalie Silverbottom and sing about my woes around the country.

Final Statement: This was the most amazing concert I've been to in a long, long, long time. I can't wait for Minus The Bear & Portugal. The Man.

PS I also went to a City of Sound/Spirit of '76/The Person & The People/Go Nutz!/Farewell Continental Show at the Triple Rock last night. The first legit local show in a while, and I think that was the point of it. It was finally a show where I knew the majority of people (like I used to), could have a decent conversation, and could enjoy every band. I'm hoping for more shows like this soon! I really dig the hardcore scene as well. (I'm saying this after going to one Regret/Solidarity show.) Plenty of people who I see and think, "I'd like to talk to them about ___." Can't wait to go to Have Heart in November. It is officially Rocktoberrrrrrrrrrrrr! :]

No comments: