Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Cookies



Last weekend I went home and made these delicious sour cream sugar cookies with my mom. It's a secret family recipe & has always been my favorite thing to make since I was little and helping my mom cut out the dough shapes. We used a simple glaze recipe from some Betty Crocker cookbook to ice them.



We used Easter sprinkles & tried to make the frosting spring colors, but the purple turned out grey-ish and my mom added WAY too much yellow food coloring so that one didn't turn out so pastel-y. My little brother Kenny helped out with decorating and did a really great job.



We took them to a family birthday celebration & everyone gobbled them right up. Not hard to do when you've got 6 out of 8 brothers and their wives and children in attendance.

No comments: