Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Sunday Night Supper Club 5/19


We waited a very long time to have another supper club - scheduling, breaks, and being generally busy. We finally got around to having sushi night! We stuck with veggie maki (we had some imitation crab meat at the end) and had a great time making it. We made regular maki and then attempted to make ice-cream-cone-like hand rolls using these short sheets I picked up, but they ended up more like burritos - really messy burritos. "Fusion Cuisine", right? We also played Apples to Apples and I was laughing until I was crying. Overall, it was an amazing night.


fillings




We had extra avocados from the filling so we whipped up a quick guacamole that was honestly the best I've ever had. Avocados, salsa, garlic powder, lime juice, voila! It was gone in less time than it took to make!

I made jam thumbprint cookies for dessert, mainly because I didn't have many ingredients on hand & I wanted to get rid of most of my jam before I move back home in less than a month(!). I sweetened them up with a simple vanilla glaze & we couldn't get enough of them!





No comments: