Friday, May 8, 2009

A No-Brainer



Combining bananas with chocolate or peanut butter is always a surefire success. But what about all three? Success squared! I found a recipe for marble banana chocolate bars on AllRecipes.com but didn't want the hassle of cleaning a glass dish or cutting things up. I decided to add in some chopped up chocolate chips and make cupcakes out of them. Marbling batter inside of a cupcake liner isn't an easy feat, either. At least they turned out quite beautiful!



I topped these off with some peanut butter buttercream from Martha Stewart. It's really hard to use the right amount of peanut butter frosting so it doesn't overpower the rest of the cupcake. I put on just a small dab and the flavors blended beautifully. Since I'm leaving my apartment in a week and don't want to grocery shop, these have made really great breakfasts. They've got bananas in them so they're healthy, right?

No comments: