Saturday, November 8, 2008

Funniest & Most Embarrassing Moment of My Life

On Tuesday I started physical therapy in Eden Prairie and it was also my first day with my new, SUPER HIP rolling briefcase. Now, the building PNBC is in is right by the SW Transit Station. I got out of my appointment at 12:51 and the bus back to the U was going to come at 12:50. I made a restroom break to change from sweatpants back to jeans and knew I didn't have a lot of time, so I didn't tie my Converse. I walked briskly from the building to the SW Station and was arriving around 12:59 by some miracle. I saw a 698 (the bus I needed) start pulling away so I gathered my briefcase in my arms with the cute little handles it comes with. I ran to catch its attention and it stopped for me. As I half-run in front of it to board, since I was coming from the driver's side, I lost my balance and fell flat on my face, sprawled on the asphalt. I fell so hard that my shoes came off. I fell so hard that my briefcase went flying. My knees got a whoopin':


I calmly collected my stuff, completely humiliated that everyone on the bus has witnessed such a spectacle of clumsiness, and walked up to the bus doors. The bus driver asked, "Where are you headed?", to which I replied, "The U." He shook his head in a pitying way and said, "That's the bus right behind me." I looked behind me and saw a 698 whose driver was staring right at me. He had been about to leave but must have stopped when I came on the scene. I couldn't believe it. I thanked the driver I was talking to and walked to the curb to put my shoes on. I took my time getting my stuff together before realizing that the bus was still waiting just for me so he could take off. I boarded, still huffing and puffing from my run to the other bus, only to have everyone gawk at me as I found my seat at the front.

To console myself, I texted Aaron the situation. He told me that the same thing to a lesser degree had just happened to him at the top of a staircase. I couldn't stop laughing the rest of the bus ride.


I hope telling you this made you laugh out loud because I can't stop! I'm such a klutz and I never get this kind of embarrassed so I just had to share.

No comments: