Saturday, November 8, 2008

Portugal. The Man - Censored Colors

I finally got my Limited Edition Colored Vinyl LP so I thought I'd share with you everything I got in this $80 package and why it makes Portugal. The Man my favorite band. Every single little thing in this release was put together with such thought and care. Everything is unique, from the CD booklet to the posters and instructions for wheatpasting. I love the gorilla mask motif.
Cut-out mask:

Posters:

How to Wheatpaste them (mega lolz):

Limited Edition Lithograph by John Gourley:

#17/100:

T-shirt, very similar to poster I also received. Extremely bummed the color came out of parts.

Outside of the CD cover. It has "PORTUGAL. THE MAN CENSORED COLORS" printed in clear on the front.

Inside of the the CD. It's a gatefold.

CD sleeve & CD:

CD booklet. Each color is a different page so they're all different widths.

Inside of the booklet:

LP. The webcam doesn't do the gold gorilla justice.

Inside of the gatefold:

Record 1, sides A&B:

Record 2, sides C&D:

Back of the gatefold:


Do you see all this? Insane stuff. So happy I went all out for the release. I'm going to be geeking out to them when I see them tomorrow night. Y'all should come. They've got this incredible live presence & the Varsity suits them well.

2 comments:

André said...

Lucky you, this package looks so rad. ;) I went to record store 30 miles away to buy that album on the release day. however I "only" got the "regular" vinyl-version (gatefold and coloured vinyl though) since the limited editions of the album are hard to get in Germany. anyways, the album itself is great!

Anonymous said...

You are so pretty and beautiful ....