Friday, December 26, 2008

A Christmas Miracle

I dropped my SK3 in the sink today while I was washing my hands. I panicked, flung it across the counter, took out the battery, & started wiping it off with a towel. Water got stuck under the glass covering the screen. My tech-savvy uncle that just happened to be over for Christmas dinner helped me tear it apart, dry out the screen, and dry out the insides. It wouldn't work the first time I put the battery back in when it seemed all dry & it started doing weird things when it finally turned on, then the x,v, and m buttons wouldn't work on the keyboard. 30 minutes later, it was in full working order again. I'll have to cancel the insurance because one of the water damage stickers turned red & they won't replace a phone with a red sticker. But still, how lucky am I? I am on my phone all day, every day looking up stuff on Google & Wikipedia, checking Facebook & Myspace, catching up on my Google Reader, texting, IMing, and talking. I've got a calendar, tasks to complete, and notes to remember. If I had lost use of it... it would have been the end of my world.

No comments: