Sunday, February 8, 2009

Coconut Special K "Cookies"


I put cookies in quotation marks because these were more just copious amounts of coconut and sugar mixed with egg whites. I had an intense craving for coconut, so I found this recipe. I substituted Special K for cornflakes because that's what I had on hand. These were somewhat like macaroons, I guess. I drizzled half of them with milk chocolate for even more sweetness.


I honestly ate 4 of these right after they came out of the oven. I couldn't help myself. They were really gooey and not quite set in the middle, but I didn't care. The next day they had firmed up more, so I ate the remaining 8. I can't believe myself, but they were simply irresistible. So light and airy (due to the whipped egg whites) and sweet. If you aren't obsessed with sugar, definitely cut the amount in half or use even less than that. I will probably make these again when another craving hits!

No comments: