Saturday, February 28, 2009

Sunday Night Supper Club 2/22



This past week of SNSC was pizza! We made handmade crust and I even made myself a gluten-free pizza. Making the crust was quite the experience. I learned a lot about making the dough with the first batch that made the second batch a lot easier. We used pizza stones to give the crust a nice chewy inside and crispy outside. The crusts were huge (just look at the pics)! My gluten-free pizza was interesting to make but tasted almost exactly like regular wheat pizza - but not according to anyone else. People were calling me "saintly" to be able to eat it! I guess it's good that I'm the one who likes it, right? We had limited toppings due to a limited showing: green pepper, jalapenos, mushrooms, and pineapple. Everyone was satisfied with those, thankfully! I also served my fresh pear & gruyere pie (blog post coming soon) for dessert. We gobbled it up.


Leaning tower of pizza ingredients


Topping pizza #2


Pizza #1


Gluten-free way to be!


Gigantic second pizza



No comments: