Saturday, February 28, 2009

Sunday Night Supper Club 2/15



The week of 2/15 we decided to do breakfast for dinner. We made huevos rancheros and crepes. I love crepes and haven't had them in a long time, maybe even since I was in French Club in high school. For the crepes we had toppings of nutella, mixed berries, bananas, and homemade whipped cream. We did huevos rancheros the authentic way, with fried corn tortillas and a sunny side up egg. Okay, I was the only one to do it sunny side up while everyone else chickened out and did scrambled eggs. We had toppings of cheese, salsa, sour cream, and hot sauce for those. Everyone's favorite part of the meal were the hashbrowns. We shredded them by hand and added some onions and "special stuff" and then fried them forever. I didn't use a big enough pan and underestimated the amount of shredded potato on hand, so it took forever to do them. A lesson for next time. A brought apple & orange juice to top off the meal. I didn't even make dessert because the crepes took on that role. I love breakfast and wish I could eat like this every day.





No comments: