Saturday, February 7, 2009

On the Mississippi

Today I convinced A to take a long walk with my be the Mississippi since it was so nice outside - a balmy 33 degrees and sunny. I lugged on my old winter boots (the first time all season, I admit) to make myself unstoppable in the slush and puddles.

It's nice to walk along the Mississippi, but it's even nicer to walk ON it! I wish I had brought my camera along to document our escapades on the melting river. Maybe I'll bring my camera along with me tomorrow when I take a walk if I don't work.

I love walking. I have knee/back/lung problems that prevent me from running so walking is the next best thing for me. I can cover a lot of ground and I'm known as a superfast speed walker! I hope to do it a lot more as the weather gets nicer out.

No comments: