Saturday, June 21, 2008

Flip Flop

My weekends feel like weekdays and my Mondays feel like Fridays... I'm all turned around!! Despite working 1-2 days a week these days, I'm still saving tons of money. $1500 in my savings, $100 in my checking, $35 in my wallet, $100 in the form of a new paycheck. But I ain't gonna spend it. Who knows what kind of money I'll need next year? My parents haven't let me know how much of my rent they're going to ask me to contribute. I'll have to buy groceries (20% off at work), pay utilities, and pay my cell bill (which will hopefully be $100 a month with Sprint's unlimited everything plan and a Samsung Instinct; I'm hoping the bill reducing cancellation fees passes soon).

Plus, I think I will have to quit my cafeteria job when school starts up. I have a feeling my homework will consume my weeks. It's bad enough that I won't get to sleep in a single day of the week. I will have 2 numbers-based classes (Business Statistics & Accounting = mega bookwork), French (daily homework guaranteed), a writing-intensive lit class (papers + reading all kinds of books), and my Business Skills class (writing resumes, doing interviews, etc). Plus 2+ clubs, who knows when I'll sleep? I love my cafeteria job because of all the people there and how easy it is, but I won't make as much money working there or get as many hours in as at my grocery job. I can only pray that I'm grossly overestimating how busy I'll be next year. I want to be able to go out, cook & bake, watch TV occasionally, blog, nap, and take care of a bunny. :)


Current hobby: closing the A/C vents in my room and opening my window. :) I love the outdoors, my skin just doesn't like the sun & I like my electronics. I should invest in a hammock. Maybe that's what I can spend my money on!! To read and laptop it up while enjoying the outdoors (with plenty of SPF 45).

No comments: