Sunday, June 29, 2008

Minus The Bear

I love every album, every song. I don't know why I haven't been listening to them as much lately, but all the way to work and all the way back I fell in love again (as I do every time I listen to them). Looking at their Myspace, it kills/excites me that they are bffs with Portugal. The Man now that they went on tour together. I was so bummed that tour didn't come anywhere near hear (if you don't count the Madison show where P.TM didn't even show up). My two favorite bands. Same venue at the same time. Pout pout pout pout pout. Maybe I will get a MTB tat to match... jk.

I love their old song titles. Megan and I used to have conversations with them, hahaha. "Hey, is that a ninja up there?" "Lemurs, man, lemurs." "Houston, we have uh oh." "I'm totally not down with Rob's alien." "Damn bugs whacked him, Johnny."

Three Favorite Songs:
3. Pachuca Sunrise: This was the first song of theirs I ever heard, via the video on Fuse TV :)

2. Absinthe Party at the Fly Honey Warehouse: absintheparty is my Zune screenname... I am great. This song is one of the reasons I became somewhat obsessed with learning the history of absinthe. I want to start a collection of absinthe spoons but I don't really know where to start.
1. When We Escape: I am putty in your hands when this song is playing, fyi.

Excuse me, I'm just wired from taking a 2 1/2 hour nap today, eating 2 brownies, and a bowl of ice cream with fudge-dipped cookies. And I don't have to work in the morning!!

No comments: