Thursday, June 12, 2008

Selfishness

Today I discovered that everyone's a part of the rat race to get a piece for themselves, and for no other reason. No one really helps out someone else unless there's some downtime and it's on the way to some other event. No boy calling me to hang out (four so far) actually cares that I am miserable now that I am alone. They just take my lack of a relationship as a cue for them to make their passes. They think they can fill that void, not even trying to help me just repair it. I don't want you. I don't want anyone. There's a reason my Myspace and Facebook profiles don't scream, "SINGLE, COME GET ME." Don't come near me if you have selfish, ulterior motives. I'm not daft. Don't ruin our friendship that is "the only thing I want from you, Yvonne" by thinking you can sneak by and make me realize you're the one for me. You're not. There's a reason I haven't picked you over anyone else in the past. I've already made up my mind about you, and you're firmly filed in the friend or acquaintance category. I already know you don't come to snuff against Aaron. He set the bar high in a lot of places, and I won't consider anyone that can't be more than him for me. He's still the only one that cares about me and the only person I talk to daily. None of you can even provide that on a friendship basis.

I'm so upset that none of you boys plotting secretly are actually focused on making me feel better. I just need friends now, and you're just making me alienate more and more people so this kind of thing doesn't happen. Every day I feel even stronger about staying in, rather than going out to socialize.

This is a warning. I can't blame myself if you don't heed it and I end up devouring you like Great White with a seal. Except you're not cute enough for bystanders to sympathize your cause

No comments: