Monday, August 18, 2008

Location, Location, Location

I wish I lived in a place where music label internships were more feasible. I know there's Universal around here, but that's about it. I'd much rather work with a smaller indie-ish label and see if I like that side of the music industry. I wanted to run a label or do A&R or manage bands for so long, but I've kind of let that dream go. Maybe I just need to shift it to apply to the music I listen to now vs. my FBR days.

On a similar note, I might try to turn my job at Gopher Grocery into an internship for credit at Carlson. I work directly under an entrepreneur so it makes perfect sense and really is an excellent opportunity to capitalize on. I'm really bad at follow-through though, so maybe if I tell enough people I'll be motivated enough.

No comments: