Friday, August 22, 2008

New Creations

I made red velvet cupcakes the other day because I got a jar of cream cheese frosting from work for cheap the other day. I wish I had just made frosting from scratch, like I did with the cupcakes, but the whole point was to use up that jar. I added chocolate shavings and walnuts on top. They went like hotcakes at work when I brought 'em in to work.




I also just made Special K bars for Aaron's housewarming present. (He moves back today!) They're a little dry, but that could just be because they were super cold. I bet once they thaw a little, they'll be nice and gooey.

I want to try making a turtle cupcake next, but I'm not quite sure how to go about it. I'll have to experiment.

My brother made some treats yesterday, too! He loves the Philly Ready-to-Eat Cheesecake Filling, so my mom showed him how to make mini cheesecakes. Graham cracker crust in the bottom of cupcake cups, fill it up with cheesecake stuff, drizzle with what you please! They're actually not bad. Not as good as real cheesecake, but a nice little treat that's perfectly manageable for Kenny to make.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That cupcake looks delectable! You should take pictures of your tasty treats more often. :)