Thursday, August 7, 2008

Matt Pryor & Chris Conley

I barely blog anymore! I just don't have the time I used to have anymore. Yes, a lot of my free time is spent taking naps, but I need those naps. Work exhausts me, especially after not getting enough sleep every night.

I was lucky enough to get a visit from Aaron for a day and a half :) We shopped for his bed frame and linens at Ikea, played Wii, watched Elizabethtown & Dexter, went to Chipotle of course, and went to Chris Conley & Matt Pryor at the Triple Rock last night.

It was a beyond magical. Chris' voice was stellar. I wished I had my iRiver last night because it has a voice recorder and I would have loved to capture the whole set. I couldn't stop smiling; that's when I know I'm enjoying every second of a performance. I rarely show emotion or get excited during a show, but that performance was a top 5, if not 3, for me. Matt Pryor came out on fire, singing to his fullest potential. His voice has smoothed out so much since the first Get Up Kids recordings, and I can tolerate/actually like it now. Since it was the first show of the tour, the crowd got to decide the atmosphere. People were shouting out requests and the two of them were only happy to oblige (when they could remember how the old songs went!). Pryor encored with "I'll Catch You" and I got a little choked up since that song has so much meaning for me and I wasn't expecting it at all. Conley & Pryor played "Imagine" together at the end of the show and everyone loved it, including them. I wouldn't have gone to the show on my own, but I am so happy I went.

No comments: