Thursday, August 14, 2008

Stress & Anxiety

I've been so worried about working out the details for moving in and stressed about fitting everything in. I'm taking on more responsibility at work, which means telling other people what to do, which really stresses me out. I hate confrontation and even minorly upsetting others. I'm working on it.

I'm also worried about Aaron's situation, even though I really don't need to be. I just have a knack for taking on the worries of others.

Anyway, all this stress has started to affect me physically. I haven't eaten a single meal in the past week and a half that hasn't made me feel ill later. Today I cut out all wheat, dairy, and soy to see if those were the culprits. Negative, unfortunately. I ate celery and carrots and eggs today and felt almost worse than after I ate a Blizzard yesterday. My parents think I might have an ulcer from all the stress, and I'm worried I do.

Stressing over how sick I've felt just makes it worse, obviously. It's a Catch-22. I always stress when I don't really have much control over a situation. I can't help that I stress out about stuff! I've worked on dealing with the overwhelming anxiety that I feel sometimes, but my stress about future things that can't be altered or acted upon right away is hard to eradicate.

Currently I'm drinking some chamomile tea, and tomorrow I'll be picking up the Anxiety & Phobia Workbook from the library. I'm doing as much as I can, I guess!

No comments: