Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Fall Tunes

So many bands have already put out quality material for the fall.

- Stars' Sad Robot EP: I got to practice my French comprehension with the last track
- Portugal. The Man's Censored Colors: The whole shebang is my favorite, of course
- The Stills' Oceans Will Rise: "Snakecharming the Masses" is mesmerizing.
- Kings of Leon's Only By The Night: So different & so captivating. Much like the Stills' new disc. I like "Crawl" the best so far.
- The Sound of Animals Fighting's The Ocean & The Sun: Always intriguing.
- Anthony Green's Avalon: "Springtime Out The Van Window" is an unbelievable instrumental track.

& I just downloaded Jenny Lewis' new effort. Can't wait to dig into it. Also check out the Kooks' covers of MGMT's "Kids", Coldplay's "Violet Hill," and PB&J's "Young Folks". I love the Kooks.

Speaking of PB&J, I tried to download their new disc but lost the link. Time to go hunt it down!!

No comments: