Thursday, July 10, 2008

A Day of Ups and Downs

The day started out bright and sunny & I didn't want to get out of bed. I finally got ready and packed everything to head to Charlie's house for lunch, and the severe weather sirens went off right as I got into my car. It was the most intense storm of all time!! It passed an hour and a half later, but Charlie's power had gone out so we decided to relocate to my house. He started making his way over, only to be hindered by tons of roadblocks caused by the hurricane-strength winds. By the time he got to my house, I had to leave 40 minutes later for an appointment. I already had most of the food cooked by then, so we wolfed it down (It was my first meal of the day). Eggs, pancakes, turkey bacon, toast, and milk. And the last cupcake for him. By the time we both left, it was hot and sunny outside again. Found out I had a $35 overdraft fee on my account that caused it to be a negative balance again. Called the bank, realized it was all my dumb fault, set up overdraft protection. Why wasn't it offered to me the first time I overdrafted, for a smaller fee? Lame-o. Then just now I found a wii online for pretty cheap and my dad ordered it asap :) Now I'm about to go make my cake! Let's hope there are more ups for the rest of the night to tip the scales in the favor of the positive!

No comments: