Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Healthy Living

Lately I've been focusing more on working out more and eating healthier. I started 3 or 4 weeks ago by doing simple exercises 3 times a day, and now I've slowly upgraded to an hour of aerobics and exercises + 30 minutes on my ski machine daily. I feel a lot better about myself and a lot less guilty when I lick the batter off a spatula or eat an extra cookie. I've always been super self-conscious and slowly getting into exercising more has eased that a bit. Yes, my goal is losing weight, but a healthy amount in a healthful way. I just wish I could still fit in some of my dresses from last year, but certain medications have enhanced certain, um, assets that prevent my zippers from closing at the top.

To enhance my daily workouts, I've been eating a lot healthier portions and limited myself to one dessert a day (okay, not every day. But it's my birthday week!). I love my fruit and my mom has willingly kept the kitchen stocked with peaches, strawberries, raspberries, melons, apples, and grapes. I still get to eat my favorite breakfasts, just smaller portions of them. I'm saving big meals for going out with friends so I don't have to think twice about it.

My mom also bought me new shorts to work out in tonight. Getting to work out in them is pretty exciting :) The mesh pair I just got are my favorite things in the world right now. I get pleasure from the small things, I guess; I'm also geekin' out about my new toothbrush.

I'm trying to ride my bike more, but doing 30 other minutes of cardio a day kind of limits that right now because my legs aren't used to so much work! It's my goal to be able to run around Uptown with Aaron in the fall. Tomorrow I'll be biking to Charlie's house for a big brunch, though, which is exactly why I'm biking!

No comments: