Sunday, July 20, 2008

Why So Serious?

I wanted so badly to go to the Dark Knight midnight premiere (12 theaters were open for it at EP mall... whoa.), but I had to go to work in the morning. Instead, I went at 5 on Friday with my little brother. That was overall the best decision I could have made. The show wasn't even sold out, so I had plenty of elbow and foot room. When we got out of the theater, 100 people were already lined up outside to come in.

I watched Batman Begins last night while I was babysitting, so I really got a chance to compare movies. At first I liked the first one more, but having refreshed my memory, the second was soooo much better. The Joker was a much more dynamic villain. This reminds me of the first and second Spider-Man movies, where Doctor Octopus was the far superior villain in the second movie. I am obviously crushed that Ledger can't reprise his role in future Batman films. It just makes me wonder what they're going to do for the rest, if they'll do what they did by replacing Katie Holmes with Maggie Gyllenhaal. (Does anyone know why?)

Anyway, it was a fantastic movie. A little on the long side, but the action kept happening so I was never really bored. Only thing I wanted different: someone who was as good-looking as Cillian Murphy as Dr. Crane in the first movie to be in the film. Yes, he showed up for about 5 seconds, but that's just not enough to satisfy a girl!

No comments: