Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Fourth

I woke up at 1:30. My family was off doing their own things. If I had woken up earlier, it wouldn't have mattered. I would still be sitting here at 2 p.m. wondering what I should do. We rarely do things together anymore. No one asks anyone to come along on a task, unless it's grocery shopping, or I want someone to bike with. I miss the years we used to come up from Kentucky and take part in a huge barbecue/picnic for my dad's side of the family. He has 7 brothers and all but 1 are married. I guess I don't really have anyone to talk to on that side anymore, since my older cousin that used to look like my twin has such different interests than me now. I got along with my cousins from Virginia, but they don't make the visit often. I love family, despite how I rarely have people to talk to, and I wish there were more get-togethers, on both sides. No one makes the effort these days. All I can hope for is that my brother gets married and has lots of kids and my husband comes from a large family.


In other news, my birthday is in a week. My family already bought all my gifts, so the week is going to DRAG by. I still need to decide what kind of cake I'm making! I've got 3 days of work and a Jimmy Eat World concert to keep me busy for the first half of the week at least.

No comments: