Monday, March 9, 2009

Banana Cupcakes w/PB Cream Cheese Frosting



I had a couple of ripe bananas laying around my apartment and knew I just had to take advantage of them in a baking way. Lucky for me, my cupcake-a-day calendar had a recipe for banana & honey cupcakes over the weekend! It was even a vegan recipe, but I blew it with the frosting. I made this simple peanut butter cream cheese frosting, but the texture of it somehow got greasy and weird after I added a certain amount of powdered sugar. Still tasted just fine, thankfully. The cupcakes were more than divine. The cake was dense and chewy with a strong, delicious banana flavor. I liked that it was sweetened with honey instead of sugar (there was a hint of brown sugar in there, though). The frosting was the perfect compliment, although it did overpower the cake if there was too much. I'm glad I added the chocolate drizzle (albeit not very well) because it added an extra layer of sweetness and flavor. These suckers could fill you up in one bite, they were so dense. I'm not complaining!

I had meant to make a half batch but started using full-batch amounts of the ingredients and couldn't turn back. I was presented with many opportunities to share them. I brought them to a party the night I made them, where they were devoured (someone even gave me $1 for one!) and then to a group meeting for a project the next day, eliminating them in less than 24 hours. I didn't need them laying around anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.