Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Gluten-Free/Vegan Brownie Bites



For my first day of volunteering at Renewing The Countryside, I decided to ensure my acceptance by offering sweets. The person I had interviewed with for the volunteer position had mentioned she was working on a gluten-free diet (something I struggle with myself) and I figured there was a big chance someone there would be vegan, so I used a BabycakesNYC recipe for gluten-free & vegan brownie bites! It was the perfect recipe because it used the Bob's Red Mill all-purpose flour that I already had on hand. These bites were pretty light and airy, more like chocolate cake. Next time I will use a lot less baking soda to get a denser brownie. Nonetheless, it was hard to stop sampling these. They definitely earned me some "brownie points".

No comments: