Tuesday, March 10, 2009

New Cookbook #1



I just got 1000 Vegetarian Recipes From Around The Wrold in the mail and it is a behemoth at over 1,000 pages. Heavier than my Larouuse Gastronomique, even. My friend Renee had it and I got the chance to glace through it for about 5 seconds and instantly fell in love. Each recipe gets a page and color photos of the steps and final product. Also included are nutrition breakdowns for each recipe. That will definitely guilt me out of making a lot of the desserts. Nothing seems too complicated, fortunately for me. I can't wait to start reading it and put little Post-It flags on my favorite recipes (color coded by type of recipe, of course). I read my cookbooks like novels and this one will take a while to get through. Good thing I've got Spring Break coming up next week.

I've got another cookbook arriving in the mail within the next week & I'll blog about it then. I'm also going to order Baking At Home with the Culinary Institute of America sometime soon. So much for new boots.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Yvonne, I don't know if you remember me gut it's Michael, you, me, Suzie and Colleen went out for sushi and awkward clubbing a while back. I came across your blog via facebook and your baking endeavors have made me regret my dessert free diet. I'm intrigued by this new cookbook, have been threatening to learn to cook some vegetarian dishes so any pointers would be appreciated. hit me up on fb if you come across any winning recipes.

Michael