Sunday, October 26, 2008

Snackaroos

It is hard to find things to snack on when you can't eat any crackers or granola bars or cookies or don't like eating chips and unhealthy non-wheat snacks. I dug up some creativity and have been munchin' on Bugs on a Toilet Seat & some self-made granola.

Bugs on a Toilet Seat: Apple slices with almond butter (since I can't have peanut butter) and raisins. Sweet & salty, except my almond butter is unsalted.


Granola: Oats, honey, brown sugar, butter, vanilla, cinnamon, cranberries, pecans, coconut. Next time I'll add raisins and dried apricots. I can't get enough of this stuff; I've eaten 2/3 of the batch in a day. Crunchy, sweet clusters. I can't wait to have this with rice milk in the morning.


Other snack favorites:
- Trader Joe's Omega 3 Trail Mix
- Rice cakes with almond butter and/or raspberry preserves
- Cranberries, cranberries, cranberries!!
- Dates

No comments: