Monday, April 21, 2008

Chocolate Shake/Malt Awards

They've been on my mind since NO ONE will bring me one. I think I am going to take matters into my own hands tomorrow.

1. Annie's Parlour: Perfection. And they give you so much!!!! Please bring a friend and split a chocolate malt and half order of fries. Yum. By friend I mean me.
2. Mickey's Diner, St. Paul: Aaron and I used to go here a lot before he moved back to Eau Claire :( But this malt is good. The amount given is wimpy, though.
3. Wendy's Frostys: Cheap, thick, tasty. Definitely the way to go if you're near one and don't have time to sit down and order one at a more legit place. However, there is no Wendy's by the U of M (it's a long trip on a 16 bus ride) or super close to my house.
4. Dairy Queen: Preferred choice: banana split blizzard. They are like chocolate shakes with bananas and strawberries and I don't even know what else thrown in. I can down one in about 5 minutes. I wonder if they mediums are still on sale for that really cheap price.


Only as a last resort: McDonalds: Half the time they accidentally mix strawberry or vanilla in (one time I got both = neapolitan shake). They are watery and make you feel kinda sick if you drink too much too fast (personal experience cited here).

And I don't recommend getting one at Snuffy's in St. Paul. Mine was watery and not chocolaty enough. But the turkey burger I had was good. Keep that in mind.

Always a good idea: Make your own!! It is wise to have vanilla ice cream and Hershey's sauce on hand at all times. If you wake up and don't want to wash your face to go out and get one, or waste gas by driving to McDonald's to get a crappy one anyway, having a blender and the above things + milk is essential!!! I have done this many times. I can also make as many as I want without anyone judging me. And make them as chocolaty as possible without going overboard. This is not an option if you live in a dorm, however, and it breaks my heart to think of the expensive blender I have at home right now.

No comments: