Monday, April 28, 2008

Future Schooling

I read today that it's been almost 6 months since the first snowfall of the season, and then I walked outside to light flurries. They've turned off the heat in my dorm so that I can barely function. IT'S 33 DEGREES OUTSIDE. I actually think it's illegal for landlords to do something like this. But this is a university.

The weather has led me to do some research on other top undergraduate business schools across the country. Business Week did a lot of the research for me. Carlson ranked #42. A lot of the schools intrigued me, and comments about some of the schools scared me away from them.

If I do transfer, I'm worried about losing scholarships and finding replacement scholarships and stuff. I'm also worried about the cost of living in certain areas of the country, since Minnesota is a lot cheaper than the coasts.

I previously mentioned maybe checking out Boston, and both Boston College and Boston University made the list higher than Carlson. I then checked average monthly temperatures there as compared to Minneapolis, as well as average annual snowfall. The verdict: It's a lot more temperate and there is less snow (although not much, to be honest. 9 inches less.) It sounds like a promising lead.

I know it may seem foolish to move just because of the weather, but waking up to snow in April really affects my mood. There's only so much I can handle, and this winter has been beyond brutal. It seems to get worse every year. I also would like to live in a couple parts of the country before I settle down to have a family so I know the best place for me. Both my parents understand my feelings, so that's encouraging. I guess I'll just have to start traveling and researching transfer options!

No comments: