Thursday, April 10, 2008

Not Studying for my Econ Midterm

Today I found out I absolutely hate a couple of things:

Sun-Dried Tomatoes:I thought I liked them, but today when I was workin' in the good ol' cafeteria, I ate a slice of mushroom and sdt pizza and I could barely choke it down!! They smell horrendous, have a funny texture, and TASTE REALLY REALLY BAD. They are now on the very short list of veggies I hate: sdt's, brussel sprouts, and the topper, OKRA. Note to you: never eat okra. Ever.

Minnesota weather: Although I love this city for the arty and cool things to do always, while still remaining a family-based place that's small enough not to have rampant crime where I would be scared of walking alone after dark, I CAN'T TAKE THE WEATHER ANYMORE. I guess I didn't really discover this today, but it was heavily reinforced. It's April 10th and it just shouldn't be snowing. I think it's time for me to explore other cities as options to live in when I get out of college because I'm sure I can find a place that meets my arty hipster and shopping standards that is much warmer or more consistent in its weather patterns. Maybe I'll even consider Europe. I like how they run things (minus the health care) over there.


I also discovered something I absolutely love: Vanilla Silk soy milk. I mean, I've had this stuff before because my brother drank it when my parents were trying to reduce his ADHD-like actions by a change in diet instead of drugs (smart parents, yo). I could only handle small bits at a time, and never just a glass of the stuff. However, my lovely friend Sonia dropped off a half gallon of the stuff in my room since she so vehemently hated the taste when she was forced to buy it as a substitute for milk for her daily oatmeal. I just so happened to need some milk-type substance to eat my tasty Kashi granola with. THE COMBINATION IS SOOOOOOOOOO GOOOD. I have been eating it for 2 meals a day the past couple of days, even skipping my habitual thursday morning brunch with friends. Today it has been the only real food I've eaten. I'm still starving for dinner, but there is no way I'm walking over to Centennial for some gross food in this weather. It has as much calcium and other vitamins as regular milk, but even fewer calories and 6.25 grams of protein!!! I need protein. I can't remember the last time I had any kind of meat. The lesson: GO TRY SOYMILK!!! I love tasty, healthy food.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you are having Kashi GOLEAN Crunch with that soy milk! If not, you really ought to try it. I have been appreciating soy milk recently, too! It tastes especially good in chai tea lattes. :)

Yvonne said...

wtf wtf wtf that's what i've been chowing down!! I just had my mom buy me 2 more full-sized boxes for $5 at cub today!!