Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Philosophy Class

I hate this class. It's 3 hours long on a Tuesday night and I just hate the concept of philosophy in the first place. It picks apart every word and idea and ruins the simple beauty of life. I don't need to understand why I am my own person, I just am.

Do you ever just have those really hard weeks? Nothing's really going wrong but everything just seems to affect me too much and I can't help but dwell on the negative. I've been struggling to get out of bed and accomplish anything because I feel like I'm going to cry if I even have to get dressed. I had a midterm on Monday but didn't have any of my other classes that day, and work has been really easy with no one yelling at me to get something done. Maybe I'm just so close to being done with school, but there is still so much for me to accomplish before then. I have all kinds of tests and projects to do before the end of the semester. I have 22 days of work left. I don't know where I'm living once I move out of my dorm. I don't know where I'm supposed to get a job because I don't know where I'm living. Once again the uncertainty issue pops up. It's really overwhelming and I don't know what to do to get answers because no one really has them for me.

Maybe I should join a new activity, but it's too late in the school year to join a club and my only free time is after 9 most days. I don't even know what to look out for. I have so few friends these days that I rarely hang out with anyone (I update my blog instead). I'm still friendly with everyone I was hanging out with earlier in the school year, but we realized eventually that our interests are different and I feel like I have a different life plan and ideas about morality than everyone else. I do the same things, but with different means/ends in mind. Long, confusing story short: I feel alone.

No comments: