Sunday, April 6, 2008

sw33t weekend

It was a little tough, but full of neat things! Aaron came on Thursday night and therefore made it the longest weekend everrrrrrrrrrrr. It felt like today would never come. I don't know if it's a good or bad thing that it did in fact come, considering I have a biogeography midterm tomorrow that I'm having a hard time studying for tonight. He greeted me with a cute lil' frame of our photobooth pictures from Club Firestone in Orlando :) Friday we hit up the Humane Society and the Apartment Search place in Uptown, where the volunteer and counselor from each place thought we were living together and really cool. Ahhh shinfo. I also received a tasty Erbs&Gerbs sub while Aaron got himself a Chipotle burrito. Oh, the art of compromise and teamwork. He highly recommends the movie Sideways, while I give it a 7/10. Saturday morning consisted of the traditional Centennial brunch, followed by his tattoo consultation (even I'm excited for it to get started :) ) and my first everrrr TWINS GAME!

We got Family Zone seats (the no alcohol rule was obviously a problem) so we could get soda and dogs. But we only used one coupon and now feel ripped off. I recommend tracking down the milk & cookies guy because that was a perfect treat!! Next time I'm getting a malt cup. I have a lot to learn about baseball, but I really enjoyed the game. Joe Mauer is not as cute as everyone thinks in my opinion. But I can't wait to buy matching Kirby Puckett jerseys and Twins caps to wear to a bunch of other games this season!! I think it's sweet that the Carlson freshmen are going to a game all together too. Fo free! Maybe I will actually start waking up on Saturdays and having things to do on weekday nights.

Another first for me on Saturday was Chinooooooo Latinooooooooo. We got reservations at 11:30 (only available ones, yo!) and were seated right next to the bar... real cool. But our server was legit and took us to another place to sit so we actually had personal space and could hear each other talk. Ordering was super difficult for us because I like weird, cool vegetarian and seafood dishes, while Aaron likes spicy, normal chicken and beef things. We settled on the totopos (shredded chicken nachos yummmm) and the something banana boat chicken, which is plantain-encrusted, served with jasmine rice (my favorite kind) and a sweet passionfruit sauce. The server was even kind enough to put the totopos' black beans on the side for me since Aaron don't like 'em. Both things = super delicious!!!!!!!! The boat chicken thing was the best 4 sure, but the shredded chicken on the totopos was extra tasty. We decided to go with Hot Funky Love for dessert (read = deep fried Snickers with vanilla ice cream). I discovered I am not a huge fan of deep fried candy bars but it was still decent. One of the highlights: awesome fortunes in the fortune cookies. "You two are way beyond couples counseling." Next time I want the sacrificial s'mores! And maybe somehow convince the server to bring me a Crack Ho Mojito. yummmm.

Today was a typical Sunday lunch with Aaron's grandparents up in Hugo. A long drive that's worth it, in my opinion. A tasty turkey sandwich + loads of fruit I can't get at school + the best choc. chip cookies and ice cream around :) Gotta love the Geres! Only thing that was missing today/this weekend was a chocolate malt. I haven't had one in ages and my soul is slowly disappearing. Take me out this weekend? Thanks.

No french class tomorrow, woo! This means I get to do laundry and pick up contact solution before I work, and hopefully get in a decent-sized nap. I can't believe I'm done with school in 6 weeks, but I can't wait for it to come.

P.S. I'm pissed my mom is in Orlando right now because I really wish she could do my taxes for me. I suck at those. And I can't believe I've waited this long. But I need the tax return I'm getting hella bad. Death Cab 4 Cutie tix set me back $101 for the moment.

No comments: