Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Fall 2008

...this is going to be interesting. It took me an hour to successfully assemble some classes together because BA 3000 is only offered at the most awkward times. I am going to take ENG 1401W: Introduction to "Third World" Literature in English. This is only because it's the only class that would fit and allow me to take part in Entrepreneurship Club. My Mondays go from 10:10 am to 5:00 pm. But I was able to make sure I have time for lunch and doing homework between classes every day. And my Fridays end at 11:00 am! I was also able to arrange things so that I can check out MEBO (Music and Entertainment Business Organization), a club that you can probably guess deals with music business and stuff. It seems legit and my advisor keeps telling me I'd be perfect for it. Maybe I'm meant for music business after all.

My advisor also put my nerves at ease today by assuring me that starting business classes will help me determine what I want to do for the rest of my life. I mentioned a journalism minor and she seemed to agree it was a good option to consider. I do like writing, but I'm only good at doing required writing just hours before the deadline to do it. But I think that's how all journalists do it (at least in the movies). Maybe I will be cool and hip and become the next Carrie Bradshaw? Hahaha... too much Sex & The City. I just don't know if I can handle always being stressed about getting an article done. Aaron witnessed firsthand last night how malicious I can get when I have something to complete and no time or motivation/energy to do it. Yikes.

So this leaves me in a sticky situation for jobs. I'd have to work after 5:30 every day except Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. I need to either find a miraculous job that required 8 hours those three days, or I'll have to become a waitress or something. At least I know that I shouldn't get a receptionist job this summer because no one wants one for just three months. I feel a lot better about things even though they're a little bit ambiguous still. There's a shadowy structure looming in the distance :)

I am excited to have times to be involved in student groups next year. I might even use some of my extra West Bank time volunteering at Radio K, too! I think I'll be a lot happier and hopefully make some neat-o friends and contacts. I just won't have a whole lot of extra time at night to socialize with those people.

So, know any sweet weekend jobs or places for me to waitress? I'm thinking sushi!

P.S. The best part is that I'm not even officially registered yet. I just wanted to figure it all out today so I can wake up at 10:10 Thursday and click a few buttons. Hopefully I don't get screwed like last semester and have my choice classes be full. Cross yo' fingers.

P.P.S. Hi mom!

No comments: