Tuesday, April 15, 2008

So Sick :(

When I get sick, it's not just a little bit of sniffles that I can brush aside. I always manage to get knocked out completely, throwing off all the parts of my life. I learned recently that it's partially due to my asthma medicine, which makes it take longer for me to recover. But either way, I'm currently missing two days of class, it's taking even longer to make up my French oral exam, I was supposed to have a 6-page paper done that is due tonight, I have to do my laundry asap so I have a usable work uniform, I'm missing work = $$$, and the list goes on. I never know if professors expect me to suck it up and go to class and do my assignments, or if they have hearts and would understand that I haven't even had a chance to start my philosophy paper. I feel like I always have to exaggerate my conditions to make it seem like I deserve to stay in bed, not doing anything. I'm worried I'll do poorly on my next French test because I've missed 2 days of instruction on the current chapter. When all this stuff starts piling up and I am struggling to get better, I panic. I get even more stressed out and start burning my candle at both ends, just making me more miserable. I get depressed because I'm so unproductive. When I was in bed for two weeks over winter break, I cried every day because I couldn't change it or get out in the world. I was also depressed because Aaron was the only person to come see me, despite the fact that he was in Eau Claire half the time and working full-time for a moving company the other half of the time.

I would really like it if someone brought me a chocolate shake, but there's not really a place to get them close enough for Kim to walk to it and walk back to the dorm. It's supposed to get up to 70 degrees today and I won't even get to walk outside. That's something else that depresses me.

I guess I'll just sit in bed and watch Dexter (if Aaron says it's okay ;) ) until I fall asleep again or decide to read or something else, like hanging out with the person who brings me a shake. This blog is called Vonnie CHOCSHAKES. Thanks.

No comments: