Saturday, May 10, 2008

7 Hours of Cleaning My Room

and it is as perfect as possible! I have 2 crates full of stuff ready to go to my new apartment so they can take up space there all summer instead of this room/space in the moving truck IF OUR HOUSE EVER SELLS. I also have a full bin of stuff to sell our the garage sale we are apparently having at the end of May. Our family's DVDs are also separated by type (movie, tv series, other) and then alphabetized. My books are also sorted by fiction or non, and then alphabetized by author. I have always wondered if I have minor OCD. And I hope Aaron knows what he's getting into by asking me to help him clean his own room before moving out.

Sometimes I scare myself. I start extra super cleaning one spot then stop to extra super clean another spot and it just goes on and on until I have a giant pile of garbage and nothing else to do until I take it all out to the trash can. Then I slowly piece my room back together and make organized spots for everything. My parents hate it when I do this, which is about once every two years. I just tear everything up and I think they get worried that my room will just stay that trashed. They just don't understand that I have to do everything perfectly in one sitting or it won't get done at all. (This is the same philosophy I hold for writing papers.)

So I spent 7 hours being productive instead of sitting on the internet or watching lame Friday night cable movies. After taking a midterm and part of a final today, plus packing up my dorm, it's been the most productive day in ages. Working for 9 hours yesterday must have gotten to me. Hopefully I can keep this momentum going tomorrow and write my Philosophy paper that's due on Tuesday at 4 p.m. Or memorize the regular and irregular conjugations of all the different verb tenses for French. Or create an Econ formula sheet and memorize it. Or buy/make my mom a mother's day card and drive around for jobs. Or go for a bike ride at the reserve next to my house. The possibilities are endless if I get out of bed early enough.

Interesting find: A large copy of the Magna Carta. It is currently residing in my closet next to my AP European History study book in case anyone ever asks me what it even is, because I surely don't remember. I think it was a gift from my history-buff grandfather. He even wrote a fictional book about medieval cathedral architecture once.

No comments: