Tuesday, May 20, 2008

It's Been A Week

I've had a lot on my mind for the past week, so why not finally turn those thoughts into blogs?

First of all, I just want to say that I got on the ball and found myself the perfect summer job!!! It's as a grocery shopper/order assembler for Gopher Grocery (online here!). I drive around to a bunch of different grocery stores with fellow co-workers and shop for the orders of the day. Then I bring it all back to the warehouse and assemble the orders for delivery. Organized & routinized, yet there are different challenges every time. I had two really great interviews leading up to my hiring, and apparently I "knocked the socks off" my new boss. It was originally just a Saturday and Sunday position, but he said he could get me 4-5 days a week. I couldn't figure out why I got such a good vibe from him during the interview, but then I realized it's because he's a lot like Dr. Anne, my old boss/mentor/friend/favorite adult. Someone who's running their own business & in control, but not obsessively anal or tough on everyone that's working for them. It'll be really hard for me to learn to get up early for the job (the shifts are always 7:30 to 2:30) and I'm not going to like driving to St. Paul and back all summer, but those are minor and surmountable obstacles. I won't have any reason to complain about Aaron going to bed early and waking up early anymore since I'll be doing it too. Maybe we'll be on close to the same schedule for once. Over all, I AM STOKEDDDDDDDDD. :)

I start training on Tuesday, so until then I don't know what I'm going to do! Actually, it's only tomorrow that I'm worried about, and I've already got it pretty much figured out. I've got to pick up my paycheck back at the U tomorrow, and I had my dad air up the tires on my mom's bike so I can go exploring in Hyland Park. I need to get back in shape! I'll have a lot more self-esteem and confidence once my body comes closer to satisfy my standards. The skinny ladies that bother me are all around me these days it seems. So are all my favorite foods, courtesy of my mom. It's a fine line for me and my body image issues. And that's something I'll never talk about here.

Anyway, the reason I realized today was my only boring today is because Thursday I'll be packing and baking cookies for my red-eye trip to Chicago with Aaron :) I cannot wait to catch up with my old coworker Lynette, see Kathrine again, stay in a hotel, shop the Mag Mile, and go to KANYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :DDDDD. I feel like we bought tickets so long ago (February 15... 30 seconds before Aaron asked me to make it official between us. Caught up in the moment much?), but the moment is finally here! So I doubt you'll hear much from me this weekend, either.

Pet Peeve of the Moment: I have definitely seen all the Sex & The City episodes they air on TBS. It's always the same 7 or so, I swear! The other ones must just be too risque or something. As much as I complain, I always tune in at 10:00 pm if I've got nothing else going on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

blogster


:)