Monday, May 5, 2008

Dropped Like A Bomb

So I didn't get a chance to walk to that sweet place I found to work (Birchwood Cafe). My biogeography lab took too long & I went to work early so I could eat my first meal of the day finally. While on the St. Paul campus (for the first time) doing my lab, my lab partner and her friend and I all stopped to get 99 cent ice cream that they make in the dairy science building! Gopher Gold was delicious: French vanilla with a raspberry swirl :) What a steal!! But yeah, a 45-minute dinner after work was the first time I got to relax all day. After I'm done with this I'll be writing my philosophy journals so I can go to work early tomorrow morning.

Why do I need to work tomorrow? Because my phone is on its very last legs and I had to buy a new one from insurance for $110 before it went kaput on its own. It'll be here tomorrow, thank goodness. The most essential key fell off today. I was thankfully able to keep it around for occasional use until the new phone arrives. Anyways, that's $110 I really can't be spending right now. I'm going to have to work a ton to replenish my savings with the amount I took out for it. There weren't any listed shifts for me to take, but my manager told me I could just call anytime I'm free because someone is bound to be missing from work. Put that extra time on top of all my end-of-semester work and the important tests I've got this week and now I'm definitely feeling stressed :(

On the bright side, my lab partner Ashley r00ls. She's also an Entrepreneurial Management major & an anti-Carlson student :) We had a super good time just talking about stuff. Hopefully she'll be in some of my business classes next year.

Off to do Philosophy & French homework I guess... although what I really need is a nap. I took one at this time last night and it, along with 3 am construction work, kept me up way too late last night. I just hope I can remember in the morning when I'm half-asleep and delirious that it is really important to call into work.

No comments: