Sunday, May 4, 2008

Thanks :)

I took a page out of the MPLS Scene book and put a StatCounter on this blog, and I'm really, really surprised at how many people read it every day, even when I don't post a link to it in a bulletin or promote it. I just wanted to say thanks for reading because it sort of makes me feel like my opinions and worries about life are valid and something others feel as well. I try to post every day, but recently I've been finding myself with a social life. Never fear; I'm always cooking up new topics to write about.

I can't believe it's already the end of the semester. I didn't realize how much work this week would be until about 5 minutes ago, and now I'm a little stressed. I have a French oral exam on Thursday that will count double since I missed the last one, and the listening part of the final on Friday. I've got a Biogeography midterm (to determine if I'll have to take the final) on Friday as well. I have 5 Philosophy journals due Tuesday night, and my final paper due by next Tuesday at 4 pm. Econ is my saving grace by giving me a sort of slide week, but I'm struggling with a lot of our more recent concepts and will have to put significant effort into studying for the final. I'm going to need all the luck I can get, plus the full potential of my test-taking skills. Yikes!

Then I also have to worry about packing. I have soooooooooo much stuff here in my dorm and 0 things at home because I thought our house was going to be sold a lot sooner than now. However, my room is only like 150 square feet or less, so I guess I can't have that much stuff (in my terms).

I still don't have a job for the summer, but I haven't put much effort into the search lately. I've actually been doing homework and working a ton so I don't have to stress out right away. I wish an opportunity would just land in my lap, but things never happen that way.

I keep watching Food Network shows and thinking about pursuing baking and/or cooking. I love food!!! So much!!! I also watched Stranger Than Fiction today and I just love the bakery Maggie Gyllenhaal owns. And she seems so happy! A top-notch salary and a corner office have never been on my agenda, really, and I'm realizing more and more how those kinds of people aren't satisfied, yet the ones that run a tiny diner twelve hours a day are. I would be very content just staying home with my kids if my husband could and wanted to support us all. Maybe when the kids hit school-age I'll start a baking delivery service! I'll just cook all day and night at home and deliver things fresh to people's doorsteps, even custom made and things like that. Also, teaching others to cook always makes me happy. I taught my friend Pat to bake cookies & Aaron and I have made cookies once or twice as well. I've always wanted to get Aaron in the kitchen and teach him how to make a bunch of staple meals and dishes. Maybe if I can make him into a pro, we can start formulating our own delicious recipes and items. I think when I take my mom & grandma to Patrick's Bakery in Edina on Sunday for Mother's Day, I'll also ask them about working there :) I could continue in the fall because there's a bus that goes straight to Southdale Center.

All this writing about food is making me really crave some cookies and milk. Yummmmm!

No comments: