Saturday, May 3, 2008

Noticeable Lack of Posts

Maybe I just don't blog when I'm happy, or I just blogged myself out on Monday, but I honestly haven't had much to say since then. School is going pretty great & Aaron visited for a couple nights & I worked 2 extra shifts at work. I also just downloaded the new Death Cab and I like every song. I guess some songs aren't very noticeable though. I don't like the last half of Plans but I can listen to Transatlanticism forever and ever. Basically, I'm excited for June 2 :)

This week is my last week of class. Then it's finals + lots of work week, then I move home. And I still don't have a summer job. But it won't kill me until after I get home from Chicago for Kanye and I've spent all my money.

I had a great night of talks with my old roommate and current coworker Sara last night. She was over until like 3 in the morning and we finally got to really know each other, despite living together for 4 months. It made me feel less alone and like I had gained one more true friend.

Great idea: 1/2 appetizers @ Applebee's after 9. The campus one is always chock full of chaches, but I went with Aaron, Sara, and our friend Blake and we each got one. Way too much food for sure. And the chocolate shakes are a ripoff, so watch out. Our little group is very dynamic and very, very fun. Any combo of us can get along really well, but I think it's the best when it's all of us (except when it's just me & Aaron, of course). Just another thing this week that made me feel less alone.

I noticed a couple of potential friends in classes this week, too. My biogeography lab partner and a girl in my French class are both really easy to get along with. Maybe they'll be people I can develop a friendship with and therefore have real school friends! You'd think it'd be easy to make friends in a sea of 50,000 people, but I've really struggled. These people and a couple people in my dorm have made me realize that it may be harder for me than most people, but there are a couple of great people I get along with well, and I'm sure some more to come. :)

No comments: