Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Overreaction

When I'm in a bad place or feeling down, the bad things always seem so important and overwhelming and I forget the good parts. I especially tend to do that when Aaron and I have a fight or can't talk because of our schedules. But putting everything into perspective, he is better to me than I could ever imagine and he is my biggest supporter. The peanut butter to my jelly. The yang to my yin. The chaos to my order. The Chris Brown to my Rihanna.

I think when I blog I also tend to steer away from getting all sappy and braggy about us because I know what it's like to be single and have it rubbed in your face. But I also have very few people (read: pretty much no one) who I can talk to about my relationship problems because everyone has a different view of mine & Aaron's complicated past and I don't want people to hold that against him or me anymore.

So from now on I'm going to try to keep all this in perspective if things get rough for an afternoon or a week. I'm in it to win it right now. If that means fighting to make things better right away instead of just letting them progressively get worse, then so be it. It's worth it all. He's worth it all.

No comments: