Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Vampire Weekend - Oxford Comma

I resisted listening to this band for a very long time after I kept hearing their name, just because I didn't want to give into the hype and doubted they'd actually be any good. However, I downloaded their album and I am completely in love. This is because they were able to write songs about geeky things like mansard roofs and campus life. Oxford Comma is not my favorite song, but it makes me love them the most because of the title. I love Oxford commas. They are when you use a comma in front of "and" when listing only 3 things. It's a controversial practice, but I've always been pro-comma. (If anything, I'm a splicer.) Example. I love bunnies, kitties, and sodapop (Oxford comma) vs I love cheese, mayo and bread. The comma just makes the list more definite in my opinion!!

Anyways, if you love witty and geeky stuff like me, plz listen to this:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i have an adoration for the oxford comma as well!! not surprisinggg!! :)