Saturday, May 31, 2008

Ah, Procrastination

I can't really call this procrastination, though. I've been so busy, with going to Chicago, hanging out with Aaron this weekend, working, and sleeping a ton to get used to my new work schedule. I haven't had much time or desire to sit here on my laptop for more than five minutes at a time. Anyways, I can at least start with a Chicago recap!

- 8 hour bus ride in the middle of the night there sucked. Aaron and I didn't get to sit next to each other for most of the ride. And even though the driver was an hour late to pick us up, we got there earlier than the targeted time.
+ Using public transportation. Sure, it was a little daunting at first, especially for someone like me who's bad at knowing which direction was which. I got used to it eventually and we saved a ton of money by getting a $9 2-day pass.
+ Seeing my old coworker Lynette out in Oak Park and seeing her city. Pretty good lunch at an overpriced Greek restaurant. Delicious treats at Kay's Bakery
++++ Kanye!! It ruled beyond expectations. N.E.R.D. ruled and I have a megacrush on Pharrell. Chris Brown came out and danced during their set. Rihanna looks like a man and she had nasty fake long green nails. I thought I was going to be bored with just Kanye on the stage, but it was captivating and well laid out. Everyone got a little inspirational book on the way out. I've misplaced mine for the moment.
- Figuring out Chicago buses at midnight. It took us forever to get home, and we owe finally getting there to a nice bus driver that waited for us to run to the stop.
- Every food establishment in Chicago closes way too early. We got pretty tasty pizza delivered to our room 2 nights in a row, though!
++++ Bongo Room pancakes. Strawberry banana, raspberry oreo, and white chocolate caramel pretzel. Proof of heaven on Earth:

+ Real Chicago deep dish
- Having to sleep too much to keep up with our activity level. There was a lot more I wanted to do!
+ Field Museum, edited version. We only spent time at 3 exhibits but it was free! No need to do everything my little brother would have wanted to do.
- Mag Mile was overrated. A spread out Mall of America with some really expensive stores I couldn't afford anyway.
- Millennium Park being closed by the time we got there.
+/- Wandering around a dead Downtown with a little something extra in me.
+ Documentation of the National Friendship Association.
- Waking up early for the bus ride home.
+ Sitting together and sleeping a lot on the bus back.
+ Spending $70 total :)

I want to go back immediately! And now that Lynette will have a condo for me to stay in and you can get Megabus tickets for $40 or less round trip, I smell a strong possibility.

No comments: