Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Bike Scene

I was planning all day on going on a bike ride, but decided a big breakfast, going to get my paycheck, trying to renew my license, lunch, laundry, a nap, dinner, more laundry, and tv were priorities first. I finally got around to it at 7:45, and I'm really glad I went and did it after all.

First mistake: riding on a busy road for my first time biking in almost a year. I kinda freaked out and pedaled as fast as possible so I could get to the bike path crossing before any cars came up behind me. After that exhilarating experience, I spent the next hour in Hyland Park getting lost and getting my butt kicked by hills and other bikers. I had such a good time, though! I saw a ton of bunnies and a couple of dear and all kinds of birds. I'm sure my mom would have been identifying every one. The maps in the park were few and far between, so I occasionally ended up at a dead end or at a road. I did find the best way to get to Megan's house and the best places for picnics. I also found a much safer way to get home. I might even reward myself tomorrow by biking to the ice cream shop! We'll see how motivated I am, though :) I rarely follow through, which I am sure you are realizing.

Time to reward myself with some ice cream here and home, and maybe some cranberries too!

No comments: