Sunday, May 4, 2008

Continuing with the Baking...

I just took this career profile test and these were my results:
You are the embodiment of serving others above all else. Because of your devotion to whatever your doing, you can always be counted on to get the job done. Your role as a Defender comes clearly into focus when asked to protect, help, or maintain the traditions, customs, or rights of an individual, organization, friend, or family member. You are focused on the here and now, and you do not enjoy spending/wasting time on abstract or theoretical ideas. You like structure and order, and can become very uncomfortable when faced with confrontation or conflict. Others may misunderstand you as reserved, cool, aloof, or detached. However, those that get to know you find that warm-hearted, kind and considerate more accurately describe the "real" you.

Then, I had to write an essay about my perfect career choice. I chose being a baker on a whim just because I don't have much of a clue at this point in my life. Writing the 150-word essay made me realize just how perfect that vocation might be for me:
My perfect career would be as a baker with my own shop. My CareerFitter profile claimed I was a Defender, always looking to serve others first and get jobs done in an organized and timely matter. That description fits me perfectly. Owning a shop and baking for the public would allow me to serve my community, just like my profile suggests. Since I like dealing with work in a concrete, tangible setting, instead of with abstract ideas, working with my hands and creating items from scratch daily would fulfill that desire. Baking would allow me to work in a highly routinized environment, something that I crave in the workplace. However, since I like to jump out of the routine on occasion, creating new items or working on a special order would prevent me from getting into a rut. Owning a bakery would fulfill all of my CareerFitter profile aspects.

I guess what this means for the near and dear to me is that you can expect me to be cooking up treats for you and hosting dinner parties in the summer!! I can't wait to be back home and have my kitchen at my disposal.

No comments: